* Make sure to wear non-restrictive pieces that won’t interfere with the safety of your dancing or hinder your abilities to participate in activities.
* No shedding sparkles allowed. Sequins and the like are allowed so long as there are no loose sparkles shedding off.
* Wear regular class attire underneath your costume. This way if you get too hot or feel restricted, you can easily remove your costume and continue your participation in class.
If you didn’t have a chance to bring a friend last week or try out a new class yourself, you didn’t miss your chance to get entered into our draw. Everyone who wears a costume to their class this week will be automatically entered into our draw for a chance to win some LTD Merch!
Looking forward to seeing all of your creative ensembles 😃
We had such a successful and exciting first week at our programs and we are so happy to have the positive energy of our students and instructors filling the studios.
Many of our classes are full with waiting lists. We will be opening new classes in the coming weeks to accommodate this. It’s not too late to register for our programs! Select the button below to join a class or add yourself to the waiting list so you will be the first to know when new classes open up.
At LT Dance Studio, we pride ourselves in offering a variety of dance genres to suit any dancer. This week we are highlighting JAZZ!
Offered to students of all ages, LT Dance Studio’s Jazz curriculum maintains a high standard through implementing the Associated Dance Arts for Professional Teachers (ADAPT) Syllabus in a supportive class environment.
Students develop strong, traditional Jazz technique alongside choreography that encompasses Street Jazz, Commercial Jazz and Jazz funk. Elements of Acro dance may be integrated.
Select the button below to register for a Jazz class today!
Yoga For Dancers is designed to help dancers become stronger, more flexible and have more control of their movements. This class will give students the opportunity to work on their strength and flexibility in a controlled and deliberate manner. Another benefit of yoga is bringing awareness to your breath to increase efficiency of movements in dance. Spending time on the mat allows dancers to connect with their mind and body, increasing bodily awareness, reflections and self confidence. Regardless if you’re brand new to yoga, or have been practicing every day, this class will focus on personal challenge and growth, so there’s room for everyone. This class is designed for students aged 10-18, so grab your mat and select the button below to join the fun!
Exciting news! Our friend and former faculty member, AJ MegaMan, will be visiting us throughout our upcoming season to host specialty Street Dance workshops and programs! He is an industry leader in Street Dance styles and specializes in Animation and Popping. You may have seen some of his choreography and students on recent seasons of NBC’s World Of Dance.
AJ is running a private online program that we would like to recommend as a beneficial add-on to your dance training. It is an 8-week online Popping and Animation program that begins September 1, 2020. Please find a message from him along with access to the program below.
” Hey everyone. It’s AJ MegaMan! I’m here to tell you about my online popping and animation two month program called Reality Check. This is a program that is meant for those who want to better themselves in the styles of popping and animation, and for those who come from all areas of dance, and ages! All the videos are at your own pace!
How the program works is as followed: I’ll be posting 12-15 minute video tutorials for the course on a Monday with tasks to complete, & you’ll have until Wednesday to finish them. Then I’ll post another 12-15 minute video on a Thursday, and you’ll have until Saturday to complete the tasks in the video. Once that is finished, on Sunday, we will do a live video chat with everyone & we’d talk about how the week went & discuss any questions the dancers have based on the classes.
Also for those who do sign up and are interested, during this fall semester of dance, I’ll be also coming into LT Dance Studios to teach. It will also be geared to any of you who sign up for the program. It will be more in depth and give you a better understanding of what you’re learning from the online program.”
If you would like more information on the course you can select the button below.
We are honoured to serve the needs of our LT Dance studio families. Offering, and registering for, dance classes is a commitment that we take seriously. With so much uncertainty in the months ahead, we want to be transparent and share with you our PANDEMIC-PROOF contingency plans!
It is of the utmost importance that students and staff refrain from attending the studio if they are feeling unwell, or in the event that they need to self-isolate due to Covid-19 exposure. Due to the heightened cautions, we anticipate an increase in student-absences during our in-studio classes.
In order to support everyone in staying home when unwell, we are prepared to implement a hybrid business model utilizing both in-studio and virtual classes, programs and events.
What does this mean? There are many ways we can implement a hybrid model, we have detailed some possible scenarios below:
1) We are prepared to provide a live zoom call during our in-studio classes so that students who are at home sick, or self-isolating, can still participate in their classes and not fall behind. This is becoming a standard practice in our industry.
2) We may utilize pre-recorded digital dance classes and send them out to students if their class has to be cancelled due to an instructor illness, or to assist a student in catching-up if they have several absences.
3) Our well-rounded faculty are prepared to fill-in and provide quality instruction for classes outside of their regular schedule in order to support other teachers who need to take a sick day or self-isolate.
4) We are planning specialty workshops that can be held in-person, or virtually, as an added value to our regular programs. Students will pay a fee to participate. As part of our contingency plans, we may be able to offer free access to a workshop, for applicable students, to compensate for a class that was cancelled due to an unexpected studio closure
5) If we must further reduce the number of students allowed in our space, to accommodate more strict physical distancing measures, our classes could be split into two groups (Group A & Group B) that would alternate weeks attending classes in-studio and virtually on zoom.
We have every intention of operating our classes in-studio throughout our season and will be preparing for in-person performances and celebrations. As we have come to realize already, sometimes it’s best to have a back-up-plan! If we are required to close our studio doors for an extended duration of time, we will uphold our commitment to offer our programs and will continue virtually. We will not reduce class fees if we have to switch to virtual classes. We did so last season as a compassionate measure to support families through the unexpected interruption. We are now aware that we could experience interruptions and you are committing to our programs knowingly. We will be adhering to our regular policies with regards to withdrawals, late payments, no-refunds and no-credits.
We are in it for long hall and together we will thrive!